“IT ALWAYS SEEMS IMPOSSIBLE UNTIL IT IS DONE”- NELSON MANDELA
Civil Services Mains Exam 2018 is now nearly a month away, and candidates preparing for the stage must be feeling the stress, anxiety and the pressure of this 2nd stage of most competitive examination. This nearly about 40 days time left for Mains Exam seems foggy with a lot to study and not enough time to finish it all. Managing time and overcoming the ‘eleventh-hour panic’ becomes a difficult task for the aspirants at this stage. And therefore, to help aspirant take a breath of ease, we, with our subject experts under the guidance of Success Guru AK Mishra have devised these important last minutes tips that will help aspirants make most of these last few days left for CSE Mains Exam 2018.
Here are some amazing tips that will help you crack the UPSC Mains:
- Avoid reading new material like bulky books and notes that you have not touched in your course of preparation. Focus on revising from your pre-prepared notes. You’ll get the better hold on topics this way.
- Take Mains Test Series, as this will make you exam ready, give you a fair idea of probable questions, enhance your answer writing practice and will boost up your confidence.
- Revise mind maps so that you retain important points that will help you write factual and a well-framed answer.
- Make sure you have reviewed all the important topics, facts, figures, concepts and current affairs during your last minute preparation. Devote decent time for this for revision. Stick to whatever you have studied.
- Practice writing answers to check your speed and clarity. Many times while writing, we recall numerous important points which have been studied earlier, so it will be an added benefit of the last minute preparations.
- Keep with yourself a list of relevant quotes from famous personalities like MK GANDHI, NEHRU, AZAAD, M L KING, N MANDELA etc. These will help you frame impressive answers in essay writing and ethics papers.
- Visit government websites to keep a track of recently launched schemes, plans and initiatives the governing authorities are planning upon or working on.
- An optimistic approach is pivotal to success in mains. Keep yourself motivated. Read things that make you feel confident, talk to people who make you feel good and give time to things that keep you happy. This will keep you pepped up and high on spirits.
- Relax and keep time for a proper 7-hour sleep. This will not just help your brain work optimally but also keep you relaxed while you study. Also if you have a habit of studying at night and sleeping later during the day, change it as early as possible, as a proper biological clock is essential to keep you fresh and prepare for writing the examination.
- Eat Well! Take nutritious food which will keep your brain stay healthy and write better during the examination. It will also help you stay fit and not fall into seasonal sickness or other health issues.
- Brisk walks and proper morning walk routines will help you become more productive and stay focused in your examinations.
- Talk to your friends who are also preparing for the exam, discuss with them the concepts but always try to follow your own strategy because you know very well your weaknesses and your strong points. If confident, the last few days of preparation proved to be the best time for overcoming your weaknesses and strengthening your strong points.
- Avoid cramming and revise. Revision is the best way to write the exams well. Also, keep your focus on the optional subject as it decides your future rank.
- Don’t make last moment changes in strategies, plans or other study techniques. Sudden hustle-bustle tends to confuse students often.
For now, Believe in yourself. It is extremely important to trust in your hard work and dedication. Everything is set right if the attitude is right. So go ahead and give it your best shot. You will make it! Wishing all the aspirants the very best for the Mains…